I've been working a lot on fixing SPE and upgrading it with the latest plugins. The winpdb debugger no longer fails and wxGlade crashes are history. Is that not great? Are you eager to try it out yourself? Please do! Get it from subversion and test it for any critical bug, so I can iron it out. I have been patching a lot for Ubuntu users, who will be very pleased with this release, and I'd like to thank Jurjen a lot for his work on Mac issues. This is a definitely a release everyone should upgrade to, wether you use windows, mac or linux!
Here is an overview what has been done:
The focus in this release is bugfixing, plugin upgrades and compatibility with wxPython 2.8, but it also still works on wxPython 2.6
- WinPdb to 1.0.8 (not fail in timely manner anymore)
- wxGlade to latest cvs (support for wxWindows2.8)
- Save as copy
- Clear output pane
- output: escape html characters in tab & respect spaces
- preserve file permissions and avoid erasing file
- wxversion handling at startup
- font dialog
- recent files sorted by lowercase
- default buttons on all dialog
- mac: run terminal commands (jurjen)
- mac: pychecker
- ubuntu: switch to file
- some critical bug fixes which could have crashed SPE in the past
- much more ...
PS. Winpdb does not work well on Mac & wxpython2.8 Nir is working on an update. So when it comes out it will be included with SPE.